Wedding Toast – Being the best man at a wedding is a tradition that is respected at the time, but we all know that the most stressful part is the prospect of giving couples the best toast for a wedding reception. Not only because you have to write toast, it’s already quite difficult; but you also have to stand in front of all the guests as they stare at you with raised glasses, and give you interesting, smart toast and something that the bride will remember forever. In other words, wedding toast must be unforgettable!
There are many of the best men out there who don’t prepare anything and end up boring or confusing their guests or even worse saying something that embarrasses everyone. This will definitely make your toast “unforgettable”. Then there are the best people who have the right words, but have trouble giving perfect toast because their hands are trembling uncontrollably. I’m sure you don’t want to be a bad marriage story or a night loser or you won’t read these tips. This is not the time to run and hide and try to give important “wedding toast”.
If you start preparing well before the wedding, everything will go smoothly. Even if it’s the night before the wedding, the ten tips below will help you write a memorable toast for the bride. After you write it, then all you have to do is practice, practice, practice. So, believe in yourself and your ability to write “unforgettable” wedding toast. After all, what’s the worst that can happen, another bad marriage story?
1. A wedding toast should be 1 to 3 minutes, keep it short and sweet! As a speech, a wedding toast has a beginning, middle and end.
2. Start writing things about the bride and groom and about their relationship with them. Write things like; How do you know them? What was the boyfriend like before he met the girlfriend and how did he change when he met her? How did you meet? If you are married, you may want to give them some advice about the marriage you have learned. Now is the time to use these thoughts to create your toast.
3. Start the toast by introducing yourself. I could say something like “Excuse everyone, I would like to take a few minutes to drink for the bride and groom, I am (your name), the best friend of the couple (brother, uncle, etc.).
4. Once it is presented, it is a good time to thank the people who celebrate the wedding (usually the parents of the bride) or if the bride and groom paid for it themselves, let them know that everyone is happy to be here to share this. Happy occasion with them.
5. It’s time to use the ideas you wrote about the bride and groom. It is okay to tell a funny story as long as it is not embarrassing for the bride or groom. You could comment on how they met, how the groom has changed since you meet the girlfriend or how you know them. If you know the boyfriend better, you should keep the balance of your words and talk about each of them.
6. You must keep your PG comments for the children and grandparents in the room. Also, do not include the stories of ex-girlfriends.
7. If you speak from the heart and you are honest about what you are saying, then you can not go wrong.
8. Speak loudly, clearly and try not to ramble; Nobody is interested in the history of the life of the couple, apart from their parents. Include some interesting details to make your toast more enjoyable.
9. Finish your toast with “them” by raising your glass and wishing them a life of happiness and health. Do not forget to have your own toast!
10. When writing your speech, remember to make 2 copies on the note cards. Keep one copy in your coat and another in your pants pocket, in case you lose one. You should also practice your speech several times so as not to be reading the note cards.
There you have it, the Idiots Guide to write an unforgettable wedding toast. So, take a deep breath and write the most unforgettable wedding toast for the couple!
Visit Jeremisep for more tips, tricks and advice on planning your big day. Enjoy discovering wedding favor ideas