IELTS Material Listening – Generally, there are different types of listening questions in the IELTS material test. The test takers should have a good listening skill if they want to get the maximum score in the exam. However, IELTS material listening is not easy, especially for those who come from non-English countries. Get to know what you should do to prepare for the IELTS listening test.
IELTS Material Listening – Ultimate Guide for IELTS Test Takers
IELTS Listening Test – Overview
Before taking the IELTS listening test, there are some things you have to know about it.
1. The test generally lasts for about 30 minutes.
2. The candidates will be given 10 minutes to transfer the answers of the questions to the answer sheet provided at the end of the test.
3. The IELTS listening test is divided into 4 sessions. As the test goes on, the questions given will be more difficult.
4. There are 40 questions given in total in the IELTS listening test. Every question will carry 1 mark.
5. You need to know that in the listening session, timing is key. Make sure that you look at the questions given before the recording started in each session.
What to Do on the Test Day
You might have prepared well for the IELTS listening test. But, there are some technical issues that you should also put into consideration well.
• First, make sure that you get on the test location early. This is very important since you have to settle so that you will be ready for what is coming.
• Next, you need to listen and read the instructions provided carefully.
• Write your answers on the answer sheet provided. It will be very helpful if you can feel free to write on paper to increase your confidence. Keep in mind that you carefully transfer the answers to avoid mistakes.
• If you wish and it makes you comfortable, you may write the answers of the IELTS listening all in capital letters.